Leisure club terms and conditions
Burleigh Springs terms and conditions
Information regarding the terms of membership
Burleigh Springs Leisure Club Rules
1. The Club shall be called Burleigh Springs Leisure Club (“the Club”) and is a proprietary club owned by Loughborough University (SCC) Limited. The general management of the affairs of the Club in all matters is under the entire control of, and is conducted by, the appointed representative or representatives of the Proprietor.
2. Residents of Burleigh Court become members during their stay and are subject to these rules.
3. Non-residents wishing to become members of the Club shall submit an application in the form prescribed by the leisure club for each individual member and payment in respect of any relevant joining fee and annual subscription. It is a condition of acceptance to membership that the applicant agrees to pay the applicable non-returnable initial subscription fee and agrees to be bound by these rules.
The leisure club may in its absolute discretion and without giving any reason reject any application for or renewal of membership. In such instances tendered will be refunded. Membership shall commence from the day of acceptance of an application by the leisure club.
4. The Club offers the following types of membership: -
Individual Membership - Available to individuals of at least 18 years of age. An individual member is entitled to full use of all Leisure Club facilities during opening hours, 07:00 – 21:00 weekdays and 09:00 – 17:00 at weekends.
Joint Membership - Available to two people residing at the same address of at least 18 years of age. A joint member is entitled to full use of all Leisure Club facilities during opening hours, 07:00 – 21:00 weekdays and 09:00 – 17:00 at weekends.
Off-Peak Membership - An Individual or Joint Off-Peak Member is entitled to full use of the Club facilities during weekdays, 07:00 – 17:00. There is a charge per person of £8 to use the pool & gym outside of these times. Failure to adhere to these conditions could result in the leisure club changing the subscription type and associated fees for such member or withdrawal of membership and any right to use the facilities.
5. An initial subscription fee and a monthly membership charge is payable for each class of membership. Membership includes use of the gym, changing area, fitness suite, pool, sauna, and steam room and whirlpool spa. All other services may represent additional charges.
6. Membership is personal to the member and is non-assignable and non-transferable. Every member will be issued with a membership card and their photograph stored against their membership on the Club database. Members must produce their cards on demand. A member may not lend his or her card nor permit it to be used by anyone else. Any member wishing to enter the Club without his or her valid membership card will only be admitted at the absolute discretion of the manager. A £3.00 charge will be raised for issue of any replacement membership cards.
7. A register of members shall contain the names and addresses of all members. Changes of address, telephone, membership, or billing status must be communicated to the leisure club in writing by members as soon as any change occurs.
8. The leisure club may reprimand or suspend or expel from membership any member: -
(i) who acts in breach of the rules or regulations of the Club, or
(ii) whose conduct is prejudicial to the interests of the Club or its members or in the opinion of the leisure club (in its absolute and unfettered discretion) renders him or her unfit for membership.
(iii) if any sums owing to the Club by the member remain unpaid 30 days after the due date for payment.
Any member may cancel by notifying his or her bank and providing written notice of not less than a full calendar month to the manager. All monies owing to the Club must be fully paid up to the effective date of such cancellation.
On cancellation or termination of membership no refund will be made of any part of any subscription fee or membership charge paid.
Refunds may be requested for paid up front memberships when the membership has been purchased less than 14 days before a cancellation request has been submitted, or you are currently unable to exercise due to medical reasons. (Evidence may be required)
*All refunds must be submitted in writing to the management and will incur a £20 admin fee plus any usage of our facilities or services. No decisions will be made by staff on the reception desk.
9. The times at which any or all the facilities of the Club shall be available to members and guests shall be at management's absolute discretion. Membership of the Club does not entitle a member to admission of the Club premises or any part of them in the event of the Club premises or any part of them being full. Admission is always subject to such terms and conditions as to payment or otherwise as the leisure club determines from time to time.
10. (a) Without accepting or imposing any obligation, responsibility or liability upon the club (whether involving any act or omission), the leisure club, without prejudice to the generality of the following, advises Members and their guests not to undertake strenuous physical activity for which they might be medically unfit. The club will not be responsible for any harm which may befall a member or guest as a result of his or her undertaking any activity whether beyond their capability or not. Members and guests are advised to seek independent medical advice before undertaking exercise.
(b) Without prejudice to the generality of the following, Members and their guests should not use the facilities while under the influence of alcohol, drugs, anti-coagulants, antihistamines, or vasoconstrictors. Those with diabetes, heart disease, blood pressure problems, skin or other disorders should seek independent medical advice before using the facilities and confirmation of such may be requested by the club.
(c) Subscripted Members MUST complete a Physical Activity Readiness Questionnaire and a fitness assessment before using the gymnasium facilities. Guests must check in at reception and show their room key to gain access to the club.
11. Gym shoes & appropriate gym attire must always be worn in the exercise room & all weights must be returned to their racks immediately after use.
12. Persons under 16 years of age are not permitted to use the gymnasium, sauna or steam room. Persons under 16 years of age are permitted to use other facilities only when accompanied by an adult who shall at all times be responsible for them, between the hours advertised for children.
13. Food shall not be consumed except within the bar area & relaxation area.
14. By their membership, members accept and agree to be bound by these rules with which it is their responsibility to familiarise themselves. Any dispute or difference regarding interpretation of these rules shall be determined by management whose decision shall be final and binding on all members. The leisure club may from time to time revoke, vary, add to or alter the rules of the Club and is the sole authority for interpreting the rules and settling all disputes relating to the affairs of the Club and the conduct of the members or their guests.
15. Members and guests use the Club facilities at their own risk. Neither the club nor management, their agents or employees shall be liable for the personal injury or death of any member, guest or child while on the premises or while using the Club's facilities except to the extent that death or personal injury arises from any negligent act or omission of the proprietor, management, or any agent or employee of such. Members agree to indemnify the club and its employees for any liability costs, damages and expenses incurred by the club, its agents or employees as a result of any breach by such member of any of these rules.
16. Neither the club, nor its employee’s management shall be liable for any loss or theft of nor damage to property belonging to members or guests that occurs at the Club.